Yulia Muravyeva was born in Russia and is now living in Amsterdam. From an early age, she showed a talent for drawing and painting.
Yulia studied as a classical art teacher at university. In 2000 she started working with the restoration and painting of icons.
She then progressed to creating murals and paintings. Gradually these evolved to give much more of a contemporary feel.
Her current work encompasses a bright, vivid palette of colours in her wonderful flower paintings. They are built up in layers of thick acrylic paint to give a richness of texture. She feels strongly that her paintings project a positive feeling to the viewer.
Yulia’s paintings have been exhibited in a number of galleries in Europe and very successfully at several art fairs. Here are a few of them:
- September 2013: Berlin Art Week
- October 2013: Affordable Art Fair, Stockholm
- November 2013: Affordable Art Fair, Amsterdam
- February 2014: Affordable Art Fair, Brussel
- March 2014: Affordable Art Fair, Milan
- April 2014: Affordable Art Fair, Maastricht
- Jul- Aug 2015: ART-Gallery.be Knokke
- September 2015: ART-Gallery.be Hulst
- October 2016: Affordable Art Fair, Battersea (Bell Fine Art)