Stiliana Alexieva is a British-Bulgarian artist. She was tutored from an early age by her father Jordan Alexiev, an accomplished figurative artist and sculptor.
She studied printmaking and visual arts in Sofia then MA in Media at The University of West London.
Her MFA in Fine Art studies concluded at Goldsmiths, University of London.
Her work is exhibited at art fairs and galleries around the world. In 2013 she exhibited at The Royal Academy of Arts – Summer Exhibition.
Stiliana says of her work:
“My Seascape series are inspired by the many changeable moods of the English and Scottish weather. It stirs my imagination with its drama, peace and serenity.
“I paint on raw sheets of aluminium. Using self-developed artistic techniques I incorporate the paint with the reflective surface.
“The different light of the day are laid onto the aluminium, creating a play of foreground and background effects, and an ever changing scenery.”
- MFA Fine Art, Goldsmiths, University of London, 2015, UK
- MA, University of West London, 2005, UK
- Mixed media – Central St Martins College, 2012, London
- Sculpture – Central St Martins College, 2011, London
- Oil Painting – Florence Art Academy, 2010, Florence
- Etching – London Print Studio, 2010, London
- Mosaic design – Pierre Mesguich Mosaic, 2002, London